August 26, 2009

First Shots

Chloe had her 2 month vaccination yesterday, which I had been in a total panic about. I understand both sides of the debate of whether to vaccinate or not...and ultimately I feel it's the right thing to do. But, I was so worried about how she would react to them, or if she'd be a different child afterwards and so on.
Well, she was a total trooper & cried for about 10 seconds and that was it. It was that 10- second- quiet- cry- before- the- scream cry, but that was it. I gave her a bit of Infant Tylenol 30 minutes before and then again 5 hrs later because she was running a low grade fever. But this morning she's back to normal - aside from the current 3 hr & counting nap she's taking!!

The doctor also weighed her - she's clocking in close to 11lbs!! Next week she goes in to get her tongue tie clipped and I'll be a wreck all over again. Our doctor feels it's best to do it now rather than wait till she starts talking & possibly have a lisp. I'll post more about this next week.

3 comments:

In With the Light said...

did you do all of the 2 month shots at once, or did you spread them out? i think i will spread ours out for our baby when the time comes...

superstarmom said...

Hey Ang
I just wanted to let you know that my cousin's little girl had her tongue clipped last year, when she was just a few months old. She was really scared too but said that in the end, getting vaccinations bothered the little more! I know that as a mom nothing I say will make you worry less, but I promise it'll be ok (and this is coming from a mom whose little one has had more tests, bloodwork, procedures than I have!)
Bernice
http://bellaellabblog.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

congratulations on 2 months! She looks adorable :)