April 21, 2010

Green Thumbs & Monsters

So tomorrow being Earth Day, and me being a bit obsessed with themes & planning....here is how we're getting our green on:

- Plant a tree with Chloe in our backyard.

- Go to Home Depot to pick up seedlings for the Salad Garden we're going to start. I am super stoked about having a veggie garden to pull from every night! Here's what we're going to plant:
- Spinach
- Romaine
- Kale
- Mixed Bell Peppers
- Cukes
- Green Onions
- Tomatoes
- Strawberries
- Spruce up my container herb garden

- Attend webinar with David Wolfe at 12p. He is considered to be one of the world's top authorities on natural health, beauty nutrition, & raw/organic superfoods. He is also president of FTPF which has set a goal of planting 18 billion fruit trees on earth. {sign up here if interested in webinar} He also records podcasts on Itunes which I think might be just the trick to get me through my....

- 1oK outdoor run tomorrow. This is my last practice run before the big day next weekend!

- Make a delish Green Monster after my run. This is my latest addiction:
- 1 scoop hemp protein powder
- 1 tsp dark chocolate powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries (found here for all you local gals)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
Blend, sip, smile & wipe that green moustache off your lips!

Hope you all have the chance to do something earthly tomorrow, and remember.....
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children. ~Native American Proverb

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chia seeds? Really? I think I need to try those!!